I stumbled across a great article in the Allure magazine for March 2012 featuring a darling pair of printed pants for only…$14.95! This is when I dig deep and figure out a fun way to work a fad into my wardrobe…let me demonstrate what these 5 fashion bloggers offered up:
1. Pair with a cream button down blouse and a leather jacket along with thick heeled boots. Don’t have a leather jacket? Try a black tuxedo jacket instead!
2. A white point collar shirt worn under a color block sweater that picks up a few of the colors within the print. Add your favorite ballet slippers or loafers and off you go!
3. Try a cream tiered shirt with a cropped black sweater or jacket. Add a neutral pump or a pastel heel. This shoe by Kate Spade is actually a blush color.
4. Try mixing up the print palette with nothing other than an animal print top paired with classic black heels. Be sure to add one solid color in your purse or jewelry to help anchor the overall look.
5. Go with the retro look of the ’60s. Pull out an old trapeze dress in black or a long black tunic shirt. Layer on a cropped jacket in whatever corresponding color within the print and you are ready for the Mad Men look!
Whatever you do, just know that the highlighted pieces around the “fun pants” could be FOREVER pieces in your wardrobe!