Here I am, packing boxes every day and realizing, again after again, how less is more! As I move to a new house this next week, I’m so HAPPY that my wardrobe is so pared down!
Now, the rest of my house seems to be in pretty good condition as I have had a lot of goodwill donations, housekeeper giveaways and a garage sale within the last 12 months. However, the packing never seems to end!
What this whole concept gives me, in terms of advice, is this: The more decision making you do now allows for less decision making DURING potentially stressful times. Less decisions, whether it’s in a stressful mode OR a completely vacation mode, are always better! So how can this translate to you while you are away on a weekend getaway????
Here is what I say:
1. LIMIT COLORS: Bring your typical neutral colors (white, black, blue, etc) and only take 2 other vivid accents with you. Accent colors can be in your clutch (if you are in a great city) or in a cozy cover up if the night chills a bit (lake or mountains).
2. WHITE JEANS: They are crisp and clean! Add a gold cuff and strappy wedges and it appears very refined!
3. PACK A DRESS: Try a material that travels well but also make sure the dress has a pattern to it. That will project more polish!
4. BRING A BUTTON – DOWN FRONT: It goes with everything from bathing suit to jeans during the evening and moves right into PJ time as well!
5. TWO PAIRS OF SHOES. THAT’S IT!: No sneakers. Just flip flops and a simple neutral wedge for dress up.
Enjoy your summer trips!